I and my daughter are paneer lovers. I don’t know, how many times I have mentioned this, in my blog itself. Anything that has paneer in it is heartily welcomed by my daughter. Most of the days her school lunch box would contain a few bits of leftovers, but the days, I prepare something with paneer, the box would be polished off clean. She doesn’t mind eating it plain as well.
I remember a small incident which happened sometime ago. I usually like to stock a block of paneer in the freezer, which mostly comes in handy while preparing lunch for my daughter. Now, even though she would love to eat paneer everyday, I give it to her only once or twice in a week. One fine morning I was out of stock of any veggies other than a few onions and tomatoes. My mind immediately went to the paneer sitting in the freezer. Here, there was a surprise for me. When I opened the freezer, I could see only the empty wrapper of the paneer packet. I knew this had to be lil one’s job. When I asked her, she told me that she had been sneaking and having small bites of paneer every now and then J
When Kalyani announced this month’s magic ingredients, I was really glad. My daughter also was very happy ‘cos she got have some scrumptious sandwiches. I am sure all paneer lovers will love these healthy and delicious sandwiches.
Makes 5 Sandwiches
What you’ll need
- Bread Slices – 10, (White or Wheat)
- Butter – as required
For the Sandwich Filling
- Paneer/Cottage Cheese – 150 gms
- Fresh Mint Leaves – ½ Cup
- Fresh Coriander Leaves – ½ Cup
- Fresh Grated Coconut – ¼ Cup
- Mango Pieces – 2 tbsp
- Ginger – 1 inch piece
- Green Chilly – 2
- Onion - 1 finely chopped
- Pepper Powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Separate the mint and coriander leaves from its stems. Wash and rinse well.
- Grind the mint leaves, coriander leaves, coconut, and mango, green chilly and ginger into a smooth paste without adding water. Add a tbsp of water only if required.
- Grate the paneer. Add the ground paste and chopped onion to the grated paneer. Add salt, pepper powder and combine everything well.
- Take the required amount of filling and place it on one side of the bread. Cover it with another slice.
- Apply some butter on the outer side of both the bread slices.
- Place in a sandwich toaster and cook till done.
You could also roast the sandwich on a skillet or Tawa.
Linking this to the Magic Mingle – Mint and Cottage Cheese