Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Corn Capsicum and Paneer Masala

This is my first marathon and I am thoroughly enjoying it. We are into the 3rd day of the blogging marathon and I am posting under the theme Currys in a Hurry. Here is my post for Day 3.

Every day, I have to prepare some curry for my husband’s lunch box. And he generally likes his curry to have some gravy or at least semi gravy. As I prepare the same thing for my daughter’s lunch box also, I try to incorporate veggies which my daughter likes – else the box will come back untouched. Since my daughter loves paneer and sweet corn, I make this dish quite often. It is a simple and healthy curry which goes very well with rotis and parathas. Let’s get to the recipe:


Serves 2 - 3

What you’ll need:

1. Boiled Sweet Corn Kernels – 1 Cup
2. Paneer – 150 gms, cubed
3. Capsicum – 1 big, chopped into small pieces
4. Onion – 2 medium, finely chopped
5. Tomato Puree – ½ cup
6. Ginger Garlic paste – ½ tsp
7. Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
8. Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp
9. Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
10. Chilly Powder – 1 tsp (adjust according to taste)
11. Garam Masala Powder – ½ tsp
12. Kasoori Methi – 1 tblsp
13. Salt to taste
14. Sugar – ½ tsp
15. Oil – 2 tsps

Method

Heat a Kadai with oil, add the cumin seeds. Once they change color add the chopped onions and sauté for 2 minutes. Next add the ginger garlic paste and sauté till the onions turn translucent. Add in the chopped capsicum and sauté for a few minutes. Next add the spice powders – Turmeric, Chilly and Coriander Powder, Saute for a min. (If you feel that the mixture is sticking to the bottom add a spoon or two of water). Next put it in the tomato puree and sauté till the mixture comes together. Now, add the boiled sweet corn and paneer cubes. Add salt, sugar, and garam masala. Stir well. Add about ½ cup of water and kasoori methi. Cover and simmer for a few minutes.



Enjoy this yummy curry with hot phulkas or parathas.

Check out the Blogging Marathoners doing BM#5 along with me 

Curry in a hurry under 30 min: Aarthi, Divya, Jayashree, Kaveri, Pavani,
Seven Days of Indian Sweets:Gayathri, Priya Suresh,
Seven Days of Microwave Meals: Monika,
Seven Days of Regional Specials:Harini, Vaishali, Suma
Seven Days of Colorful Dishes Kid's Special: Kalyani
Summer Coolers: Jayasree, Kamalika, Srivalli

30 comments:

Harini said...

This combination sounds interesting!! shall try it out sometime!

Sangeetha M said...

Interesting combo...posted this combo without corn in my space 2 days back...sure it taste excellent with paratha..nice curry looks inviting

Umm Mymoonah said...

Delicious and rich gravy, looks awesome.

vaishali sabnani said...

lovely curry..make it very often too...

divya said...

Delicious and drool worthy..tempting a lot.

Shylaja said...

Wonderful combination.Looks delicious
South Indian Recipes

Rani acharyulu said...

Yummy capsicum and corn curry looks delicious.I never tried this combo,i will try this combination..

Ms.Chitchat said...

Very interesting combination,loved it. Bookmarked :)

Aarthi said...

i love this curry...

Kurinji said...

Very interesting combo and masala looks delicious.
Kurinjikathambam

Divya said...

nice and intresting combo....and the colour of ur masala is really tempting... lovely pics..

Nandinis food said...

I love the combo of corn n capsicum! It looks really scrumptious!

Lifewithspices said...

very delicious love the curry!!!

Jayashree said...

My post for today is also corn.....but I'll be posting it late as I am making it for dinner.

Priya Suresh said...

Wat a fabulous combo, simply inviting and droolworthy..

Gayathri Kumar said...

Delicious combination..

Kalyani said...

lovely combo.. my kid also loves panner and sweet corn must try this !

jayasree said...

Curry looks delicious. When it comes to sweet corn, I add few corn kernels to most of the side dishes I make for rotis.

Pavani said...

Paneer and sweet corn is a very interesting and delicious combo, never tried this before. Looks yumm.

Vardhini said...

Different combination .. I have not used corn in many dishes .. looks good.

Vardhini
VardhinisKitchen

Prema said...

Wonderful combo and perfect with rotis...yummy! pass the plate.

Jeyashris Kitchen said...

very unique and interesting combo

Reva said...

Corn capsicum and paneer- combo sounds awesome... looks very delicious:)
Reva

Suja Manoj said...

Interesting combo,delicious and perfect side dish for rice.

Reshmi Mahesh said...

Delicious and unique combo...great with rice...

Suma Gandlur said...

That's an inviting platter!

Taste Melanger said...

Thanks for visiting my blog...I got to discover new varieties of curry and many interesting recipes at your blog! Keep visiting...

Emreen said...

Corn and Panneer... A delicious combination...!!

Anonymous said...

i try this today

Roshni said...

thank you for this recipe Kaveri. here is my take on it.. we just loved it...
http://arusuvai-kurippu.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/pepper-corn-and-tofu-masala.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...